Allied Health Occupational Therapist
We are seeking an Allied Health Occupational Therapist to join our growing team of professionals. You will often be working with participants who have ongoing disabilities and medical conditions mainly from NDIS and third party providers.
Duties will include conducting physical assessments of participants and assisting with developing rehabilitation programs.
Allied Health Occupational Therapist, Exercise Physiologist Duties and Responsibilities
• Clinical assessments and treatment of physical and neurological conditions
• To work collaboratively with the participants to identify and select an appropriate specialist intervention plan which aims to achieve therapeutic goals, maximising functional ability and wellbeing.
• To establish a therapeutic rapport with participants at an early stage in their admission
• Working with referrals from Allied Health professionals, doctors and NDIS.
• To work in close cooperation with other staff offering specialist clinical advice and information
• To provide Occupational Therapy in most appropriate to the participant
• Advising of equipment to help clients improve mobility to help with daily activity and improve health and wellbeing
• To be aware of and make use of specialist occupational therapy assessment tools in order to assess and help to formulate a treatment plan
• To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment using outcome measurement tools to ensure effectiveness
• To plan and develop opportunities for patients to engage in a group programme and/or individual interventions using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals
• To attend regularly and participate actively in a variety of meetings, both clinical and professional, offering verbal reports on treatment interventions and service developments as appropriate
• To maintain accurate and up-to-date written and electronic records and activity data
• To provide copies of reports/correspondence to participants consistent with NDIS guidelines
• To provide specialist 1-1 occupational therapy assessments and occupational therapy reports as required
• Assessment of clients’ mobility developing physical rehabilitation program.
• Educating caregivers and family members of clients.
• Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy exercises
• Clinical assessments and ongoing exercise treatment
• Assisting with overseeing referrals to and from Allied Health or other medical practitioners.
● Maintain a high level of verbal and written communication within the scope of the position
● Polite and approachable manner when dealing with participants, their families and colleagues
● External liaison with other professionals in relation to the position.
● Cover for therapy colleagues during short-term absences
● To liaise with and establish robust communication networks with all multi-disciplinary team members
● involved in the patients care, providing written reports when appropriate
● To communicate effectively, demonstrating high level skills in order to deliver a timely response to
● complex clinical issues and overcome barriers of multi-disciplinary working
● To promote awareness of the role of occupational therapy within the service, negotiating priorities where appropriate
● To attend regularly and actively participate in a variety of meetings both clinical and professional
● offering verbal reports on treatment interventions and service developments as appropriate.
• AHPRA or ESSA registration
• Effective communication skills
• Current National Police Check, prior to commencement
• Current Influenza immunisation
• First aid and CPR certificates, required within one month of commencement
• Where applicable, Disability Services Queensland screening and Working with Children Check will also be required
• Current “C” class Queensland Driver’s licence
We’re looking for a person who has what it takes to make a difference in our clients’ lives.
• A warm and caring nature
• The willingness to go the extra mile
• A positive attitude towards health and wellbeing
• The flexibility to work a varied roster if required.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as ability to work in a team
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll become part of the Easy Exercising family, and in addition to the training and support that you would expect, you will also receive:
• 4 weeks annual leave on a pro rata basis
• Annual leave loading
About Us and our commitment to you:
Easy Exercising is a family-run organisation which offers power-assisted exercise offering recumbent and seated range machines. Our clinics offer alternative gentle exercises for participants who have disabilities or medical conditions. We are extending our exercises to cater for vulnerable and NDIS participants. We are expanding our clinics to cater for aged care and young people requiring assistance.
We strive for positive culture, excellence and a strong purpose that defines Easy Exercise with pride and deliverance of high end service to our participants within our communities. Our values is to improve health and well being with all our participants.
Our success comes from our staff and we are committed to being a great place to work and receive care. Easy Exercise has made a long term commitment to continue providing high quality service through leadership, culture, leadership and empowering staff to work as a team. This opportunity is a career opportunity to grow within Easy Exercising to help transform the future and continue to deliver high standard healthcare.
Our goal is for our staff to feel safe, included and supported to ensure you can be at your best every day.
How to Apply:
Get to know us at www:// Easyexercising.com.au
Contact Jessica Curtis on 0407144658
Resumes to be emailed to [email protected]